Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Neurology...Party of two...

Badddd pain day. At least a 7 or 8 on the Richter scale.
Carpal hell.
Neck and shoulders are solid steel.

However... I did get a Neurologist today.

First off... she liked my Nook!
(For those of you who live in a cave and haven't heard of e-readers...The Nook is one of them and not some twisted sexual term, so get your mind out of the gutter.)
Which says to me that she's the first frickin doctor to show any human interest in me outside of my illness! She must of spent 5 minutes on the subject...trying it out and smiling at our common interest.

After comparing e-readers... she has a Kindle by the way, we got down to business. And on top of the human element...she was thorough. At this point I expected her to suddenly poof out of existence. It can't be. Human. Conversational. Intelligent. And thorough?

It was akin to meeting the Tooth Fairy in person. (Oh, you are real...*pause*...seriously? (awkward silence) So...teeth, huh?) 


Luckily, I was only fazed a bit and was able to make out the words.... rule out and MRI.

A real MRI. For me. *blushes* And I didn't get her anything 
(apart from what I suspect is a ridiculously large salary contribution and an only slightly less ludicrous co-payment but who's keeping track.)


So pain be damned, I be a-celebratin' tonight.....yesssireee!



No comments:

Post a Comment