8:00pm
Sleep: 9 hours. (2 times up)
Symptoms: back, neck and leg pain
Pain pills yesterday: 3 pills
Pain pills so far today: 2 pills so far.
Drugs...my new treatment plan.
It's a slippery slope they say.
Pain pills are addictive, they say.
The truth is....the average person has a 10 percent chance of becoming addicted to drugs if on them long term. The person with chronic pain has a 3.27 percent chance of succumbing to addiction. (if you doubt my numbers... there are a lot of studies... here's one http://newsletter.qhc.com/JFP/JFP_pain120110.htm). There is, however, a higher chance of dependence... but hey that's a no brainer... I'm in pain, the drugs help... I might depend on that. heheh
They say painkillers are bad for you.
They can kill you if you take too much.
The truth is...the only thing really bad for you in pain killers is...(drumroll, please) the tylenol! For some annoying reason, they constantly pair the two. What most people don't know is that Tylenol and Ibprofen came before the rigorous FDA limits set in modern day. If they had been created now, they would probably be controlled substances due to their harmful side effects. Overdoses that kill are usually due to liver failure tanked by the exorbitant amount of Tylenol paired with the Narcotic.
I had to sign a contract for painkillers.
I need a signed piece of paper to get them at the drugstore because it's a controlled substance.
Gabapentin, however, is not a controlled substance.
No contract for it either....or signed prescription.
The truth is.... Painkillers kill severe pain sort of. They help take the edge off. They also make you nauseous, dizzy, and give you a light headache. The high you feel is questionable. To be honest, I think I've had more of a high from Benadryl.
However...Gabapentin is highly fun to use and is definitely a dependence drug as you have to ease into it and ease out of it or you go into withdrawals similar to alcoholic withdrawal. The high seems like a cross between being buzzed from alcohol and high from pot. It's fun but highly distracting when using while parenting. It takes weeks to get used to so there will be no driving for me for awhile and I keep forgetting what I just said. Very fun but very inconvenient. But no contract necessary. Go figure.
(Oh and if you are wondering... it's supposed to help nerve pain in the long term... it's a brain drug.)
The truth is..."They" are full of crap. And the medical establishment is highly biased and off base.
The truth is... I am high... feeling fine, and going to go play video games while I forget the asinine journey that I've been on. Fuck you, medical establishment.
oh my darling friend.
ReplyDeletewell said.
especially that last part.
love you.
It was fun to write too! Love you Jo!
ReplyDeleteI love when people hear that you're on certain meds, like narcotics, that you want nothing more *not* to be taking, and they say, "Cool! Got any for me? You must be feeling great!" ... ... "No. Quite the opposite, thanks." Fucking healthy people annoy me, sometimes.
ReplyDelete